Church Road 1 Merlot 2016
A dense, earthy Merlot with firm, but fine-grained tannins and generous, dark berry fruit, plum and cherry. Subtle floral aromas provide some lift while notes of dark chocolate bring a sense of warmth and luxuriousness. The palate is full bodied with good mid palate richness, and chunky, ripe tannins with a slight rustic edge.
- Trophy for Champion Merlot & Predominant Blends, New Zealand International Wine Show 2019
- Trophy for Champion New Zealand Bordeaux Red Wine, New Zealand International Wine Show 2019
- Gold, New Zealand International Wine Competition 2018
- Gold, New Zealand Wine of the Year Awards 2019 & 2018
- Gold, Hawke's Bay A&P Bayley's Wine Awards 2019
- Gold, New Zealand International Wine Show 2019
smoke elements, while compliment the brooding, earthy nature of the wine.
While approachable now, this wine will age positively for 15 plus years if cellared well.